Sunday, August 1, 2010

Lehud had to return to his college today, so we would be staying with Diya’s high-school friend, Nur Sakinah, a student at a preparatory college in Tokyo before entering Todai University. Before returning back, Lehud brought us to Mare-chan, a Malaysian restaurant somewhere in Akihabara. The best thing was that the restaurant serves HALAL meals! The chef is an Indonesian Muslim, and we had a great time there. Thanks Lehud!

Sakinah led us to her small apartment somewhere in the Tokyo outskirt. We didn’t go anywhere that night. Therefore, I got to enjoy the whole night resting my body after 9 days of traveling.
 
Monday, August 2, 2010

1st location: BANDAI Museum
This musem is basically the display of popular characters (Dragonball, Doraemon, Ultraman, Kamen Rider, Gundam, Digimon, etc.). We originally thought that this was the store where we can buy the merchandises. This was the last chance for me to fulfill the request from Mohd Fuad Ismail a.k.a. Wak to get him a Gundam set. Poor Wak, I’m sorry I couldn’t grant your request. Gomen! 
2nd location: Asakusa
Asakusa is another location very famous among tourists for its Nakamise Shopping street, a massive main gate, a five-storied pagoda, and the currently-built Asakusa Tower. Sakinah said that the souvenirs here were overpriced since it was a tourist attraction. I only bought some keychains and taiyaki (ala2 fish-shaped bahulu).



Night spot: Tokyo Tower
I could finally visit the Tokyo Tower – one of my life-long dreams! It was very tall and pretty; I couldn’t take my eyes off the tower ever since I landed my step there. On the main observation deck, there was a live broadcast of a radio station, featuring a famous and handsome performer. He smiled to my camera, and even made a ‘peace’ sign! Awwwhh… *dropped to the floor* There was also lookdown glass windows, but the darkness of the night prevented us to get clear view down there.

After the Tokyo Tower tour, Sakinah and Diya planned a small reunion for their high-school friends from universities around Tokyo. Dang, I might have felt being casted out if not because of their amiability. Just imagine, four ex-classmates met together after years, and then add me into the equation. Suddenly I missed my friends... 

Comments (0)