Monday, June 14, 2010
1st day of KIT-IJST classes! Mostly, we did self-introduction (じこしょうかい) and review for easy materials. There’re 8 people in Hoshigumi – me, Sam, Jackie, Sara Jackson, Derek, John, Tim, Morgan. In the morning, we had JPN Communication II for 3 sessions w/ Fujii-sensei. She’s a kind teacher. Next was Research Project (RPro) class w/ all other sensei. We need to find a topic regarding technologies used in Japan and do research about it. At the end of IJST program, we’ll have to present the topic in front of others, including KIT president-sama! Ugh, I hate presentations! T_____T
Tuesday, June 15, 2010
We had JPN Cultural class w/ Dr. John Ertl (the only American sensei we got) whom actually teaches at University of Kanazawa. He was fun and open-minded. For an anthropologist like him, it was no wonder that he knows how to approach people well. For the 1st class, we only shared stories and experiences in Japan so far. And the best thing, we could use English the whole time in this class!
Next class – JPN for Science & Tech (JST) – was for learning useful terms in science & tech which can help us in the RPro presentation. Mostly, it was computer session, how to use JPN laptop w/ different type of keyboard, how to understand JPN commands, etc.
Wednesday, June 16, 2010
I had only JPN Comm II class / Ono-sensei today. It was still easy, we reviewed casual form and make simple conversation between classmates. Also, some preparation for Anamizu trip and Ketataisha visit this weekend. In the evening, I went to Art Club (びじゅつぶ) meeting to survey for J-club of interest. There’re 3 guys playing video games in the room, I got confused if they really had a club meeting. They told us afterwards they only meet on Friday, and other days are for free activities. I ranked Art Club (1st), Photography (2nd), and Manga Research Club (3rd) for choices, sensei will determine the club for us.
Thursday, June 17, 2010
In Cultural class, we discussed a review paper as presentations. Nothing much to talk about. Later, we had JST class. Now I have stuff to write. The class was sooo difficult! We talked about Ecohouse and its functions in generating natural energy itself. The terms were very new and hard to pronounce right away. John, Tim and Morgan (UIUC, Hawaii) are actually far ahead than RITians in JPN knowledge so they survived the class pretty well. But for us, we’re at a complete loss. After class, we even considered to changing class into Tsukigumi, so we consulted Fujii-sensei. She was surprised w/ our sudden appearance, and assured us; “みなさんは大丈夫と思う“ (I’m sure everyone can do well) many times, we couldn’t complain further. She will adjust the difficulty level next time. ありがとう、先生。。。
That night, I watched Sunaoni Narenakute or shortnamed as Sunanare on TV. May I give a spoiler here? Oh never mind… but the 10th episode was really unexpected! A twist occurred in the storyline involving 1 of the 5 friends in Sunanare Club. I literally shrieked when it happened, and also when Jae-oppa as Doctor appeared (hehe of course). Now, Sam and Tiana had seen my die-hard fangirl side, oh how embarrassing… Next Thursday will be the last episode! OMG! T___T
1st day of KIT-IJST classes! Mostly, we did self-introduction (じこしょうかい) and review for easy materials. There’re 8 people in Hoshigumi – me, Sam, Jackie, Sara Jackson, Derek, John, Tim, Morgan. In the morning, we had JPN Communication II for 3 sessions w/ Fujii-sensei. She’s a kind teacher. Next was Research Project (RPro) class w/ all other sensei. We need to find a topic regarding technologies used in Japan and do research about it. At the end of IJST program, we’ll have to present the topic in front of others, including KIT president-sama! Ugh, I hate presentations! T_____T
Tuesday, June 15, 2010
We had JPN Cultural class w/ Dr. John Ertl (the only American sensei we got) whom actually teaches at University of Kanazawa. He was fun and open-minded. For an anthropologist like him, it was no wonder that he knows how to approach people well. For the 1st class, we only shared stories and experiences in Japan so far. And the best thing, we could use English the whole time in this class!
Next class – JPN for Science & Tech (JST) – was for learning useful terms in science & tech which can help us in the RPro presentation. Mostly, it was computer session, how to use JPN laptop w/ different type of keyboard, how to understand JPN commands, etc.
Wednesday, June 16, 2010
I had only JPN Comm II class / Ono-sensei today. It was still easy, we reviewed casual form and make simple conversation between classmates. Also, some preparation for Anamizu trip and Ketataisha visit this weekend. In the evening, I went to Art Club (びじゅつぶ) meeting to survey for J-club of interest. There’re 3 guys playing video games in the room, I got confused if they really had a club meeting. They told us afterwards they only meet on Friday, and other days are for free activities. I ranked Art Club (1st), Photography (2nd), and Manga Research Club (3rd) for choices, sensei will determine the club for us.
Thursday, June 17, 2010
In Cultural class, we discussed a review paper as presentations. Nothing much to talk about. Later, we had JST class. Now I have stuff to write. The class was sooo difficult! We talked about Ecohouse and its functions in generating natural energy itself. The terms were very new and hard to pronounce right away. John, Tim and Morgan (UIUC, Hawaii) are actually far ahead than RITians in JPN knowledge so they survived the class pretty well. But for us, we’re at a complete loss. After class, we even considered to changing class into Tsukigumi, so we consulted Fujii-sensei. She was surprised w/ our sudden appearance, and assured us; “みなさんは大丈夫と思う“ (I’m sure everyone can do well) many times, we couldn’t complain further. She will adjust the difficulty level next time. ありがとう、先生。。。
That night, I watched Sunaoni Narenakute or shortnamed as Sunanare on TV. May I give a spoiler here? Oh never mind… but the 10th episode was really unexpected! A twist occurred in the storyline involving 1 of the 5 friends in Sunanare Club. I literally shrieked when it happened, and also when Jae-oppa as Doctor appeared (hehe of course). Now, Sam and Tiana had seen my die-hard fangirl side, oh how embarrassing… Next Thursday will be the last episode! OMG! T___T

12:58 PM |
Category: |
0
cookies for me!

Comments (0)