Saturday, June 26, 2010
Finally, home visit day! Kidoguchi-san picked us up at Nishikawa Heights at 2pm, and we met his family consisted of his wife, 2 sons and a daughter. His mother and younger brother were there too. Obaachan was so cute and warm, Mama was very welcoming, their children (Takeshi-kun, Mami-chan, Atsushi-kun) were shy at first, but they gradually got spirited. Kidoguchi-san’s brother had been in Malaysia in 1995, he showed us several pictures of him and his Malay friends. It’s really relieving to have something familiar to talk about.

After we got back, the kids asked us to play Wii games together. They’re good! The games were cute and amusing, I should get my hand on that thing too. We also played Jenka, Uno card, and Japanese card games. So fun being around kids again, I miss my siblings! I didn’t understand everything they’re saying, but enough to make me get the whole idea. The youngest, Atsushi-kun was so cute! He wanted to show how good he was in each game. Takeshi-kun, being the oldest, was very friendly and tried hard to explain things in simple English words. Mami-chan was more timid and indulged in manga more often. (Alert to Pao-chan and Asmaa-chan!) Both her and Mama love Arashi so much! Aiba-chan is their favorite! Hahaha… Aibaka…
Obaachan and Mama prepared us a table full of sushi, sashimi and yakinori. I love tako and unagi so much! The family ate so fast that they finished much earlier than us two. Goshisousamadeshita! (Thanks for the delish food!) Before we left, they opened our omiyage together. They looked very happy to receive various things from America and Malaysia. As a return, they gave us a Kanazawa dialect card game; it’ll be wonderful for us to learn the local dialect. The home visit was such a wonderful experience. I hope I can meet them again in the future…


At the lounge, I watched Kaibutsu-kun SP episode, Ohno-kun was very cute as Botcchan! Next show was Arashi no Nishiyagare. I wish Pao-chan and Maa-chan could be here…huhu…
Finally, home visit day! Kidoguchi-san picked us up at Nishikawa Heights at 2pm, and we met his family consisted of his wife, 2 sons and a daughter. His mother and younger brother were there too. Obaachan was so cute and warm, Mama was very welcoming, their children (Takeshi-kun, Mami-chan, Atsushi-kun) were shy at first, but they gradually got spirited. Kidoguchi-san’s brother had been in Malaysia in 1995, he showed us several pictures of him and his Malay friends. It’s really relieving to have something familiar to talk about.
Then, Mama lent us her yukata; Diya’s so happy to wear yukata for the 1st time. This was my 4th time. They took pictures of us wearing yukatas, and then we visisted Hakukokan, a company producing Kanazawa gold leaf (kinpaku) using traditional tools, where the younger brother works as a crafts maker. Kidoguchi-san bought us oil-blotting papers made of Japanese rice paper; the cover was very attractive, I’m not gonna use it! I also bought an accessory shaped as a dragon w/ pieces of kinpaku inside. Stuff in the shop is very expensive! There’re gold leaf cosmetic product, edible kinpaku spray, kinpaku cake, etc. Apparently, Japanese eats Gold!
Obaachan and Mama prepared us a table full of sushi, sashimi and yakinori. I love tako and unagi so much! The family ate so fast that they finished much earlier than us two. Goshisousamadeshita! (Thanks for the delish food!) Before we left, they opened our omiyage together. They looked very happy to receive various things from America and Malaysia. As a return, they gave us a Kanazawa dialect card game; it’ll be wonderful for us to learn the local dialect. The home visit was such a wonderful experience. I hope I can meet them again in the future…
At the lounge, I watched Kaibutsu-kun SP episode, Ohno-kun was very cute as Botcchan! Next show was Arashi no Nishiyagare. I wish Pao-chan and Maa-chan could be here…huhu…

3:50 PM |
Category: |
3
cookies for me!

Comments (3)
KIna-Chan! sgt comel okeyh korg! bestnye!!!!!!!! I senyum2 bc blog u. Dpt rasakan kebest-an kat sana :)
subarashii!! =)
hanis: tu laa sorry lmbt sgt update...diorg sgt comey okayh~ nk jmpe diorg lagi...
asmaa: i know! >__< we should come visit japan again together!